Click to Begin Your Free Motorcycle Insurance Quote
As the Empire State of the South, Georgia is famous for its thriving cities and scenic communities, all of which are connected by a massive public road system. There are more than 125,000 miles of roads that support 8.1 million vehicles, including 200,000 motorcycles.
There’s a lot of money involved with every vehicle, which is why all drivers need insurance. Bikers, specifically, need motorcycle insurance. If you don’t have coverage, you might regret it if you ever have a wreck or even experience a breakdown. Motorcycle insurance can provide ample help to any biker.
To get a quote on tailored motorcycle insurance, call your neighborhood Freedom Insurance agent at 478-784-1885.
What does motorcycle insurance cover?
You cannot insure motorcycles using standard car insurance. That’s because motorcycles are a lot more difficult to operate (and are riskier to insure) compared to standard cars. In 2017, they caused 11% of all Georgia traffic fatalities, even though they make up a very small portion of vehicles on the road.
Still, motorcycle insurance doesn’t look or act a lot different from car insurance. It can help you cover costs of damage and recovery that you incur from various hazards. Your coverage might include:
- Liability Insurance: Coverage pays you for the damage you cause others if a wreck is your fault.
- Collision Insurance: When you have a wreck, use this coverage to pay for the bike’s repairs.
- Comprehensive Insurance: This coverage pays for damage not related to wrecks (fire, weather).
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Insurance: If another driver is at-fault for a wreck, but they don’t have the right liability insurance, this coverage can help you pay for your bike’s repairs.
- Medical Payments Insurance: If you get hurt in a wreck, this coverage helps with medical bills.
- Possessions Insurance: You can insure items gear, cell phones or clothing carried on the bike.
- Roadside Assistance: If you have a breakdown, your insurer can dispatch help to your aid.
Is motorcycle insurance required in Georgia?
By law, all Georgia bikers must carry the following limits on their motorcycle policies:
- $25,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person.
- $50,000 bodily injury liability coverage per accident.
- $25,000 property damage liability coverage.
Still, it’s imperative that you carry more coverage than what’s required of you. You’ll want to have a strong financial foundation around you and your bike at all times.
How much motorcycle insurance do I need?
The best motorcycle insurance will provide you with ample financial protection in case of a total loss. To help maximize benefits, you can tailor your policy in numerous ways:
- Choose deductibles carefully. Your insurer will only pay you the cost of damage after it subtracts the deductible cost. The deductible is a cost you must pay, so you must be able to afford it.
- Ask if the policy includes original replacement parts and accessories coverage. The former will pay you to replace damaged machinery within original component. The latter pays for damage to the bike’s special enhancements such as chrome plating or radios.
- Always carry high liability limits. They will provide more coverage in case of an at-fault accident.
- Some policies offer new bike replacement insurance, which will pay you enough to buy a new bike, as long as the bike you lost is less than 1 or 2 years old.
Different insurers structure policies differently, so your Freedom Insurance agent can help you compare policies to find the one that offers the best cost benefits for you and your bike.
How much does motorcycle insurance cost?
On average, motorcycle policies in Georgia cost $550/year. However, risk factors like your driving record, the bike’s value and your selected coverage can impact premium costs. Your Freedom Insurance agent will know how to tap into savings and discounts without sacrificing essential coverage.
We start all motorcycle insurance quotes as soon as you call us, and once you have coverage, we’ll keep you in the loop on the best ways to maximize the benefits of your policy. Don’t hesitate to call us at
or request your online quote now. You’ll be glad you did.
Don't forget, we also offer Renters Insurance and Auto Insurance throughout Georgia.